This article provides an overview of the general program settings for generic program types.
Generic program types include:
- Backpack Program- Providing backpacks.
- Breakfast Program- Providing breakfast meals to clients.
- Case Management- Tracking non-food activities.
- Clothing Program- Providing clients with clothes, footwear, professional attire, blankets, etc.
- Emergency Response - Generic - emergency program separate from general distribution of other items/services.
- Emergency Response - Bulk - emergency bulk program separate from general distribution of other items/services.
- Financial Assistance- Providing some type of financial assistance to a client.
- Furniture Equipment- Providing furniture to a client.
- Meal Program- Providing some type of meal to clients.
- Multi-Service Program- Providing more than one type of service to a client.
- School Supplies- Providing school supplies and uniforms to students.
- Service- Providing a non-financial, non-food type of service to a client (e.g. classes, referrals).
- Snack Program- Providing snacks to clients.
- Social Assistance- Support applying to social assistance.
- Turned Away- Providing numbers of how many clients could not be served that day.
This article covers the following topics:
- How to access and review program settings
- Visit Options
- Appointment Options
- Signature Options
- Use Bulk Recording Categories
- Food and Items Provided
- Disclaimers / Agency Exceptions / Program Options Change History
How to access and review program settings
In order to access the appropriate program settings you will want to first ensure you are logged into the correct organization.
- Network: to edit a network program.
- Agency: to edit an agency program.
Once logged into the appropriate organization you will follow these steps to access the program settings:
- Click on Open on the case management tile.
- On the left-hand side click on Administration then Network programs or Agency programs depending on the organization you are signed into.
- Navigate to the program you would like to edit or review the settings for then select the orange edit button next to the program in the list.
When viewing the program settings you will see the following headings at the top before the settings break down into additional expandable sections:
- Name: the name of the program.
- Summary: a short description of the program (this will appear on the label of the program button).
- Type: program type this program has been set up with.
- Allow Creating Visits For: this allows you to select if this program should be tracked using bulk numbers, recording a visit in a client's profile, or both.
- Active: shows whether or not the program is active.
The first expandable blue box you will see would be visit options. This allows you to set various requirements for visits under this program.
- Visit Reason: When selected visit reason will be asked for this program.
- Visit Reason Required: Only appears when Visit Reason is selected - Determines whether or not it is mandatory to provide a visit reason.
- Delivery Options: Determines whether or not you wish to have a yes/no dropdown list stating whether or not delivery was needed for the visit.
- Referred To: Indicated whether options of referrals to the client should be tracked.
- Referred To Optional: Only appears when Referred To is selected - when selected makes selecting a referred to option not required.
- Allow Same Day Visits: Allows users to record more than one visit at the same program, at the same agency on the same day.
- Visit Frequency: When selected allows you to enable Visit frequency rules for this program.
- x visit(s) every x Day/Calendar Week/Calendar Month/Calendar Year (For more information on Visit Frequencies navigate here).
- Enforce Visit Frequency: Only appears when Visit Frequency is selected - indicates whether visit frequency is enforced and visits cannot be booked outside of the frequency set.
Note: Generic programs are not set up with the same, same-day restrictions that other programs would have. This is due in part to the nature of these visits and that they could very well have multiple visits per day (Snack programs, Meal programs, etc.).
Within the next section, you will indicate whether or not you would like to enable appointment options for the program. Below you will find descriptions for the Scheduling Mode options.
- Off: Indicates you do not wish to track any appointment options for the program
- Date: Allows you to track basic day availability for the program. These would be the days of the week that you're open. The exceptions section will allow you to block off specific days, like holidays.
- Date & Time: Allows you to track basic day and time availability for this program. These would be the days and hours of the week that you're open. The exceptions section will allow you to block off specific time periods, like a lunch hour.
- Caseloads: When selected allows you to track day and time availability for this program, but also set a restriction on how many appointments you want to be able to book within a certain number of minutes. This would be the days and hours of the week that you’re open and the number of appointments within a number of minutes you’d like to schedule (e.g. 5 appointments every 30min). The Exceptions section will allow you to make exceptions where you increase your capacity on certain days or time periods.
- If you have selected Caseloads you will see an option for Enforce Caseload appear this allows you to enforce the caseload setting you have applied so that people will not be allowed to overbook appointments.
Within Appointment Options, you will see a red button Add Closures this allows you to specify dates you will be closed and will not allow appointments for that full day.
Do Not Allow Settings
Within the appointment settings, you will see two checkboxes you can select. Each is dependent on whether you utilize CNCT or an external program with our API.
Do Not Allow CNCT Appointments
This setting ensures that a specific program will not appear within CNCT as an option for online booking.
Do Not Allow API Appointments
This setting is for organizations that use our Clients and Appointments API separately from CNCT. If you utilize our API in an app or third-party connection when this is checked off this program would not appear as an option in the API. But would still appear in CNCT unless Do Not Allow CNCT Appointments was selected.
You can add a signature option if required and format your disclaimer within this section. You will also have the ability to choose your preferred allowed eSignature styles for the program here.
Use Bulk Recording Categories
This section allows you to specify which items you would like to be visible when recording a bulk visit.
You can remove any of the existing options (Children, Adults, Seniors) and/or add additional fields.
Additional fields can only be added by Network Administrators in the Lists section under "Bulk Recording Category"
In order to add the Bulk Category once enabled in the Lists section:
- Navigate to Administration on the left
- Click Network Programs or Agency Programs depending on where you are logged in
- Hit the edit button next to the bulk program you would like to add the category to.
- Scroll down to Use Bulk Recording Categories
- Select the categories you would like to use.
- Hit Save
You will also see an option to Enable notes for bulk recordings at the bottom of this section if you would like to include a note box to add additional notes to bulk records. To enable this you just need to check this off.
Food and Items Provided
Within this field, you will see options to specify and track the items or food provisions you would like to track. This field also allows you to add your own Quantity label to track lbs, kgs or hampers provided.
- Require Either Food or Item Provisions: Selecting this will allow you to set a requirement to record either food or item provisions.
- Require Food Provisions: Makes it a requirement to track a food provision on a visit for the program.
- Require Item Provisions: Makes it a requirement to track an item provision on a visit for the program.
- Visit Quantity: Allows you to specify the label you wish to use to track quantity of all products provided (e.g. lbs, kg, hamper)
- Require Visit Quantity: Only displays if Visit Quantity is selected - makes it a requirement to track quantities of items provided.
The next section you will see within Food and Items Provided will be Program Provisions. This section displays a list of all of your active provisions.
If you would like instructions on how to modify this list please click here.
In the drop-down under Tracking Type you will see the following options:
- Count of Items: whole number count of provisions.
- Currency: dollar value of provisions.
- Weight: weight value of provisions.
- Checkbox: provides a checkbox for the provision.
Under Status, you will see either Active or Inactive if you click on this box you will be able to turn the provision on or off for the specific program.
Disclaimers / Agency Exceptions / Program Options Change History
These are the final fields you will see in the program settings window.
Disclaimer: Agreeing to this disclaimer helps the system to keep a log of changes made and the user who made them.
Agency Exceptions List: Only Appears at Network Level - If any agencies have been assigned this program, but have customized it at their organization in any way, this list will display what those customizations were.
Program Options Change History: This is a log of changes made. It indicates the date, user, field previous, and new values of the updates made to that program’s configurations.