Barcode scanning allows users to record visits just by scanning a barcode that is associated with a client's profile.
This article covers the following topics:
- How to enable Barcode Scanning
- Adding a barcode to a Client profile
- How to record a Visit with Barcode Scanning
- Barcode formats supported
- Where can I order barcodes?
How to enable Barcode Scanning
Please follow these 3 steps to successfully enable Barcode Scanning:
Enable ID Type Field (Scanner and Camera)
For all forms of barcode scanning, the field ID Type must be enabled.
In order to enable this field:
- Login under the Network and navigate to Administration on the left-hand side.
- Select Organizations.
- Select C MGMT Fields at the top.
- Turn on the Identification option under the Personal section (On Optional or On Locked), as well as set whether it is Required, Not Required, or Choice.
- NOTE: It will enable for all agencies in a network.
- If you have this field enabled, see Add Identification Field below.
Add Identification Field (Scanner and Camera)
- Go to Administration on the left-hand side of the screen, then select Lists.
- Click on the orange edit icon beside Identification.
- Click on the New Option.
- You can name the label whatever you'd like, but the parent type has to be Barcode.
- Save your changes.
Enable Camera Scanner
- Go to Administration on the left-hand side of the screen, then select Organization.
- Select the orange edit button next to the Organization you want to enable camera scanning.
- Go to C MGMT Settings.
- Under the Intake Options section set Camera Barcode Scanning to On.
- Save your changes
Adding a barcode to a Client profile
A barcode ID must be added to the client's profile to be scanned against. In order to add this to their profile follow these steps:
- Within the Profile tab of a client's profile find the ID Type field.
- Select the Barcode ID type that was created.
- Put your mouse into the Confirmation text box.
- To scan the barcode click the orange Scan Barcode button to enable the camera feature on your device.
- If using a scanner, scan the barcode. The numbers will automatically be entered into that field.
- If using a camera, manually enter the numbers
- Save your changes.
How to record a Visit with Barcode Scanning
For these instructions please view the article here.
Barcode formats supported
The two scanning codes currently supported for camera scanning are CODE 128 and CODE 39. Link2Feed can enable these additional formats if requested EAN, EAN 8, UPC-A, UPC-C, I2of5, 2of5, CODE 93, and CODABAR.
The handheld scanning option supports any scanning option your handheld scanner supports. For more information on options for handheld scanners please click here.
Where can I order barcodes?
Link2Feed has a partnership with Plastic Resource to offer discounted barcode cards to Link2Feed users.
Link2Feed customers may reach out to Sarah Schmidt at Plastic Resource by email if interested:
If you use the templates below, your setup fee will be waived.
For both templates, the front includes your organization’s logo in the [YLH] space and can put text along the top where it says Your Text Here.
The back will contain a barcode.
Here is what the sample looks like (please note, you would use your logo and text, this is just to give you a sample of what your cards could look like).
Link2Feed Customer Pricing
|Key Tag||Card Size|
US Customers: FREE
CA Customers: ~$25 (including duty)