In this article, we will go over the different programs you are able to create with Link2Feed.
This article covers the following topics:
- Program Types vs. Program Names
- Standard Program Types
- Generic Program Types
- How to request a new program
Program Types vs. Program Names
A program type is a categorization of the type of programs in an organization. A site can have more than one program with the same program type under separate program names. The program type is fixed and this is what is used when generating reporting.
A program name is the name assigned to the program type, this is what displays on the services page for the button that you select to record a service. By default, the word New will automatically be added at the front of the program name. So if you set up the label as Food Bank Visit, the button on the Services page of a client's profile will say New Food Bank Visit.
How to differentiate between Program Type & Program Name
Agency A & Agency B could be using the same program type Food Bank, however, Agency A assigns the name "Agency A Food Bank", and Agency B assigns the name "Agency B Food Bank".
From a reporting perspective, both agencies' figures would be displayed when pulling data under the program type Food Bank. When viewing the Name this can always be different between the Network and each agency but the Program Type will remain the same.
When recording visits under the Services tab in Case Management the agencies would see the Program names they chose as the buttons available on this screen. However, that data would still be falling within the bucket of the Program Type.
Network Program View
Agency A Program View
Agency B Program View
Standard Program Types
In Canada, only the four program types below are available:
- Christmas Program.
- Delivery- tracking deliveries separate from walk-ins.
- Emergency Response.
- Food Bank (Standard Pantry).
Generic Program Types
- Backpack Program- Providing backpacks.
- Breakfast Program- Providing breakfast meals to clients.
- Case Management- Tracking non-food activities.
- Clothing Program- Providing clients with clothes, footwear, professional attire, blankets, etc.
- Emergency Response - Generic - emergency program separate from general distribution of other items/services.
- Emergency Response - Bulk - emergency bulk program separate from general distribution of other items/services.
- Financial Assistance- Providing some type of financial assistance to a client.
- Furniture Equipment- Providing furniture to a client.
- Meal Program- Providing some type of meal to clients.
- Multi-Service Program- Providing more than one type of service to a client.
- School Supplies- Providing school supplies and uniforms to students.
- Service- Providing a non-financial, non-food type of service to a client (e.g. classes, referrals).
- Snack Program- Providing snacks to clients.
- Social Assistance- Support applying to social assistance.
- Turned Away- Providing numbers of how many clients could not be served that day.
How to request a new program
If you are not a Network Admin and are looking to add a program please contact the Network Admin for your site.
If you are a Network Admin please submit a support ticket by following the steps here to request the program please ensure to let us know the Program Type, and the Program Name you wish to assign to it as well if it is a generic program please let us know if you would prefer it to be for bulk recording, by the client or both.